JOB TITLE: Adviser
LOCATION: Claiborne Co.
PROGRAM: Talent Search
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides one-on-one assistance to participants concerning high-school related issues, the college admissions process, financial aid, and other services to improve financial and economic literacy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Recruits participants for program enrollment.
• Screens and verifies participants for program enrollment eligibility and assesses needs.
• Conducts weekly meetings with participants.
• Provides one-on-one assistance to students concerning high school academics, the college admissions process, financial aid, career choices and goals, etc.
• Meets the required quarterly and yearly target number of participants served while maintaining and meeting program objectives.
• Conducts college/career/financial aid workshops for participants and parents.
• Maintains participant and project records and reports in accordance with funding source and agency requirements.
• Coordinates, monitors, and manages academic tutoring/mentoring programs.
• Promotes the program within the community.
• Develops program relationships with school faculty, parents, and other providers.
• Participates in all cultural activities, field trips, and campus visits.
• Provides the above services in other schools served by the grant when needed due to staffing issues.
• Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in social work, psychology, education, counseling, or other human service related field is preferred.
• Two years’ delivering educational and/or counseling services for disadvantaged populations, including assessing needs and developing service plans with secondary and post-secondary goals/strategies.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Be punctual, dependable, accurate, and thorough.
• Computer proficiency is a must. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the internet is required. Skills in website design and social media platforms preferred.
• Knowledgeable in the post-secondary process: FAFSA, ACT Prep, the college admissions process, financial aid, college life.
Hours and Benefits: Full-time; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: TS Adviser- Claiborne, P.O. Box 1218, Morristown, TN 37816, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cutoff to Apply: