JOB TITLE: Bilingual Tutor
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides bilingual services, tutoring, enrichment activities and mentoring to students in afterschool program. Provides support at varying sites. Attends various parent and community engagement activities to provide additional bilingual support and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Implement reading/language arts and math enrichment lesson plans/activities.
• Provide homework assistance.
• Implement Attendance Works strategies.
• Implement positive discipline strategies.
• Implement social/emotional skill building activities, such as service learning and coaching.
• Implement hands-on art projects provided by community art educators.
• Implement health, nutrition, and fitness activities.
• Model appropriate positive behavior and attitudes towards learning, school, and in working and communicating positively with others.
• Build positive family relationships.
• Provide daily positive feedback to students.
• Assess student progress and assist Site Coordinator as needed.
• Maintain on-going working relationships with teachers of enrolled students.
• Engage in professional development activities to increase knowledge base.
• Translate program materials.
• Assist various Site Coordinators in daily program implementation.
• Assist Program Manager, as assigned.
• Attend parent and community engagement activities and events to provide additional support for translation and bilingual services.
• High School diploma or GED. Preference will be given to individuals holding an Associate’s Degree and/or additional experience in working with students in an academic setting.
• At least 3 years’ experience tutoring or mentoring students preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Work cooperatively with a wide variety of community service providers in a manner which respects the capacity of all organizations.
Hours and Benefits: Part-time; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: Bilingual Tutor, P.O. Box 1218, Morristown, TN 37816, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cutoff to Apply: 12/31/2022