JOB TITLE: Bilingual Services Coordinator
POSITION SUMMARY: The role of the Bilingual Services Coordinator is to plan, promote and provide various activities in an afterschool program environment that promotes strong and differentiated supports for bilingual services for students and families facing language limitations and barriers. This positions focuses on academic excellence, physical activity, healthy eating, positive personal development, as well as engaging and supporting elementary and middle-school aged bilingual children and their families to ensure equitable opportunities through high-quality bilingual services in an afterschool setting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for the overall bilingual services management of the after-school program and compliance with state and federal 21st CCLC/LEAP guidelines.
• Provide supervision/management of bilingual activities for Tutors/Certified Tutors.
• Supervise and train Bilingual Tutors and volunteers.
• Assist with planning an collaborate with the Program Manager and Site Coordinators to provide programming based on evaluation results while integrating bilingual support into all facets of Afterschool Programming.
• Provide direct assistance to students, as needed.
• Assist with preparing sites for program start-up each year in coordination with Site Coordinators and Bilingual staff.
• Plan and implement activities with Site Coordinator and Tutor to ensure performance goals meet program bilingual needs.
• Meet with Program Manager, Site Coordinators and other Stakeholders to align the bilingual needs of students to the afterschool reading/language arts and math curriculum with the schools’ curriculum by unit.
• Meet with the School Planning Team monthly to review progress and update/improve activities to meet performance goals in order to review progress and improve activities for bilingual services.
• Plan and implement/coordinate Family Engagement activities, including monthly Coffee and Conversation events.
• With the Project Director, plan and implement outreach/recruitment, student/family selection and enrollment, and student/family orientations.
• Maintain, correct and approve time worked records.
• Assist with resolving conflicts with students, parents, and staff members, as needed, and offer bilingual assistance for these discussions.
• Maintain current certification in first aid/CPR from a certifying organization recognized by the Department of Education.
• Ensure that Bilingual Tutors are training in implementing the project’s written safety and emergency procedures, first aid, and CPR.
• Supervise Bilingual staff services across 8 Hamblen County sites and create streamlined processes for daily coverage at school sites.
• Schedule floating Bilingual staff and sites aligned with daily needs and demands of the site population.
• Minimum requirement: Bachelor’s degree. The candidate must possess fluent Spanish writing and speaking skills.
• Prior experience implementing or supervising positive youth development programs for children or youth.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Work cooperatively with a wide variety of community service providers in a manner which respects the capacity of all organizations.
• Should have appropriate knowledge and sensitivity to low-income participants and in outreach and recruitment of that group.
• Ability to work effectively with principals, teachers, program staff, volunteers, parents and students.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer literacy is a must. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel helpful.
• Must be self-directed with the ability to work independently.
Hours and Benefits: Full-time; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: Afterschool Bilingual Services Coordinator, P.O. Box 1218, Morristown, TN 37816, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cutoff to Apply: 7/15/22