JOB TITLE: Site Supervisor
LOCATION: Hamblen County
PROGRAM: Senior Nutrition
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Senior Nutrition Director, the Site Supervisor
manages and coordinates the preparation and delivery of hot and frozen meals to active senior
citizens at congregate site and homebound participants. Supervises staff and volunteers to ensure
efficient operations of services, including client support, and routing for meal delivery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Supervises Senior Nutrition staff and volunteers to ensure efficient operation of services.
• Oversee and participate in all daily kitchen activities. Delegates kitchen duties to assigned
staff and volunteers.
• Establishes and maintains a system of meal reservation for all meals.
• Ensures a clean work environment and ensures kitchen equipment is maintained and cleaned
• Handle participant concerns, complaints, changes, and report to program director.
• Advise community outreach advocate of client problems and congregate site issues.
• Ensures staff and volunteers follow all policies and procedures regarding the safe handling
of food, such as time and temperature control policy, leftover food policy, employee health policy,
and handwashing procedure.
• Ensures that all reports (temperature logs, mileage logs, in-kind forms, etc.) are accurate
and up-to-date for all congregate sites and routes in specified area. Including all driver,
congregate, and kitchen reports and invoices are submitted to Central Office in a timely
• Work cooperatively with the SNP Central Office staff to identify efficient routing options
• Provides information to kitchen staff regarding how many meals will be served each day.
• Provides route sheets to drivers and volunteers on a daily basis.
• Ensures all participants receive an appetizing meal that follows standards set by ETHRA in a
• Works with office staff and kitchen staff to ensure all food and supplies are ordered.
• Plans and implements a volunteer recruitment and training program.
• Assists in preparation, packaging, serving and delivery of meals when needed.
• Must have access to reliable transportation, valid Tennessee driver’s license and proof of
liability insurance on vehicle.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• ServSafe certified within 3 months of hire.
• Experience with meal preparation.
• Experience with record keeping procedures
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Have the ability to use standard kitchen equipment and some commercial equipment.
• Must have access to a reliable vehicle for job related duties.
• Good communication skills.
• Basic computer skills.
Hours and Benefits: Part-time; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: SNP Site Supervisor; P.O. Box 1218,
Morristown, TN 37816 or email to email@example.com.