JOB TITLE: On-Site Maintenance Technician
LOCATION: Highland Manor I & II- Monterey
PROGRAM: Affordable Housing
POSITION SUMMARY: Makes repairs and maintains properties for the Affordable Housing program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Must live on-site in apartment provided at complex.
• Performs maintenance duties such as minor plumbing, painting, electrical or carpentry
• Schedules and completes preventive maintenance program.
• Responds to after-hour emergency calls as needed.
• Change return air filters on regular basis and light bulbs as needed.
• Completes grounds work such as pick up, sweeping and light landscaping.
• Prepares apartment for new tenant after previous tenant moves out. May involve painting,
cleaning and minor repairs.
• Must accompany pest control or other contracted service workers as needed.
• High School diploma or GED required; Associates preferred.
• Certifications of maintenance or technical training required.
Experience and Requirements:
• Previous experience in light maintenance work such as plumbing, electrical, painting and
• Possess good general mechanical aptitude and prior experience in apartment maintenance.
• Must have and maintain a valid Tennessee driver’s license and proof of liability insurance on
• Ability to deal tactfully with staff and tenants, make good decisions and give careful
attention to work.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Basic use of computer preferred.
Hours and Benefits: Part-time; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: On-Site Maintenance Technician, P.O.
Box 1218, Morristown, TN 37816 or email to email@example.com.