Position: Facilitator- Jefferson City/Carson Newman University
Position Summary: Facilitators will provide direct supervision and mentoring/instruction of students on Eagle Day Saturdays. This may occur online via workshops delivered digitally or on campus of Carson-Newman University.
• A current college student (either graduate or undergraduate) in good academic standing or a recent college graduate.
• Must have completed at least 30 hours of college credit at time of application.
• Experience in applying adult learning principals.
• At least 3 years’ experience implementing or supervising positive youth development programs for at-risk children or youth.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Be punctual, dependable, accurate, and thorough.
• Computer proficiency is a must. Experience with client software, Microsoft Office, Zoom and internet usage is required.
• Knowledgeable in the post-secondary process: FAFSA, ACT Prep, the college admissions process, financial aid, college life.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Instruct and supervise students assigned to classes.
• Provide tutoring and appropriate feedback to UB staff concerning students’ success/weaknesses.
• Maintain appropriate records and program forms/reports.
• Deliver classes in a manner which effectively motivates positive changes in students and promotes favorable attitudes.
• Deliver classes with effective classroom management skills.
• Weekend work required.
Hours and Benefits: Part-time; Non-exempt.
Deadline to Apply: 9/10/21 4:30 PM
How to Apply: Send resume to DCEA, Human Resources, Attn: UB Facilitator, P.O. Box 1218, Morristown, TN 37816; or email to email@example.com. You can also apply at our website: www.douglascherokee.org/applynow.