JOB TITLE: EOC Adviser
LOCATION: Claiborne, Grainger, Hancock Counties
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides one-on-one assistance to participants concerning the college admissions
process, financial aid, and other services to improve financial and economic literacy, either
in-person, by phone, or virtually.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assist in completing applications for college admissions, testing, and financial aid.
• Market the program to recruits participants through outreach initiatives, print materials,
broadcast, and through visiting area businesses and community partners.
• Conduct telephone, virtual, and face-to-face interviews to identify potential participants
for program enrollment eligibility and accesses needs.
• Maintain accurate documentation of each advising session and service provided to students.
• Keep accurate records of program data necessary for reporting services and activities to the
Department of Education and agency.
• Provides evaluation data for weekly, quarterly and yearly reports.
• Meets the required quarterly and yearly target number of participants served while
maintaining and meeting program objectives.
• Conducts financial aid and college and career workshops in target counties.
• Conducts presentations to promote the program in target counties.
• Establishes and meets with advisory committees.
• Establishes and maintain coordinating relationships and partnerships with area community
partners, such as but not limited to: post-secondary institutions, adult education programs
(HiSet/GED/ABE), high schools, adult high schools, military installments, Departments of Veteran’s
Affairs, offender re-entry programs, correctional facilities, non-profits, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in education, counseling, human
behavior, social services, or social science required.
• Two years’ delivering educational and or counseling services for disadvantaged populations,
including accessing needs and developing service plans with secondary and post-secondary
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Travel in the service area.
• Weekend work is possible.
• Overnight and/or extended travel in and out of state to attend meetings as required.
• Computer proficiency is a must.
• Must have demonstrated the ability to work with diverse groups of people, handle multiple
tasks, and learn and perform tasks with limited supervision.
• Strong public relations skills, energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and good
• Must have valid Tennessee driver’s license and proof of liability insurance on automobile.
• Ability to make sound decisions.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrated success in overcoming barriers similar to the target population to be served.
Hours and Benefits: Full-time; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: EOC Advisor, P.O. Box 1218,
Morristown, TN 37816 or email to email@example.com.