JOB TITLE: Facilitator
PROGRAM: ED Center- SRAE
POSITION SUMMARY: Facilitate the Teen Outreach Program (TOP) to middle school students in Hamblen
and Hancock Counties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Present grant approved curriculum (TOP) to youth enrolled in grades 6-8, during the
school-day in Hancock County and/or in an after-school setting in Hamblen County.
• Provide on-going support to TOP teens through emails, calls, and meetings.
• Guide, support, and supervise participants to research and select community service-
• Serve as a mentor and positive role model to participants.
• Ensure timely and accurate implementation and fidelity of TOP performance measures
and evaluation requirements.
• Lead Youth Advisory Council.
• Maintain accurate records on all youth/parents served.
• Make presentations to school personnel, community groups and parent groups to
support the project as needed/requested.
• Provide parent education and guide parent committees using multiple modes of
• Refer youth and parents to needed services.
• Lead extracurricular parent and community engagement efforts.
• Assist Program Manager, as needed.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in education, public health, counseling, psychology or
social/human services field required.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year experience in delivering positive youth development services to an
at-risk population (small or large groups).
• Preferred: health education experience with at-risk youth. Proven success in
positive youth and family interactions.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work with participants, families, and partners of various cultural and
ethnic backgrounds, with demonstrated ability to accept, respect, and engage individuals and groups
with diverse cultural beliefs and traditions.
• Knowledge of and proven ability to apply positive youth development principles in
all interactions and to implement positive approaches to behavior management. Strong analytical,
problem-solving, verbal, and writing skills. Must be able to deal appropriately and sensitively
with confidential matters.
• Pass a pre-hire criminal background check.
• Work cooperatively with a wide variety of community service providers in a manner
which respects the capacity of all organizations.
Hours and Benefits: Full-time; Non-Exempt.
Deadline to apply: 10/15/2021 @ 4:30PM
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: Facilitator, P.O. Box 1218,
Morristown, TN 37816, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.