JOB TITLE: Cook
PROGRAM: Senior Nutrition
POSITION SUMMARY: Prepares and packages hot and frozen meals for delivery to Senior Nutrition
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Cooks and prepare meals using standard recipes and in a manner that retains
nutritional value, looks appetizing and is appealing.
• Assist with the training of staff and volunteers.
• Work with the Site Supervisor to ensure proper packaging of hot and cold food.
• Follow planned menu exactly unless authorization is given to make changes. Ensure
the number of meals prepared does not exceed the number of meals recorded.
• Maintains a clean work environment using proper methods of sanitary food preparation
and storage procedures, including careful washing of hands and wearing plastic gloves when serving
food. Meets all federal and state standards.
• Uses standard kitchen equipment and commercial equipment.
• Ensure stove, oven, refrigerators, coolers, freezers and other large commercial
equipment is cleaned weekly, or more often as needed.
• Follow proper dishwashing and cleaning methods as required by the State Health
• Follows set standards for meal portions and packaging meals.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• Experience with meal preparation preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work with others.
• Ability to follow directions and recipes to correctly prepare meals.
• Ability to keep accurate records.
• Basic computer skills.
Hours and Benefits: Part-time; Non-Exempt.
Deadline to apply:
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: Cook, P.O. Box 1218, Morristown, TN
37816, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.