JOB TITLE: Driver
PROGRAM: Senior Nutrition
POSITION SUMMARY: The Delivery Driver is responsible for delivering hot and frozen meals to active
senior citizens at congregate sites and to homebound participants on assigned routs as well as
making daily checks on participants’ condition and reporting any changes to Site Supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Ensure meals are packaged correctly for delivery at congregate sites and to
• Drive own vehicle to pick up meals at designated site and load into vehicle.
• Drives to delivers meals to the homes of all SNP home delivered meal participants on
• Serve congregate participants who come to eat at the site, as needed.
• Ensures each participant received the appropriate type and quantity of food and
monitors the quality of the meal.
• Ensures reports and required paperwork for congregate sites are delivered to the
Site Supervisor in a timely manner. Reports information about congregate sites to Site Supervisor.
• Report participants that are not home to receive their meal to the site supervisor
before 1:30PM daily.
• Monitor well-being of participants and report status to site supervisor on a daily
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to communicate with older adults and those with special needs in a patient
• Must be reliable and trustworthy.
• Must have the ability to manage time productively.
• Must demonstrate adaptability and willingness to be a team player.
• Skill in counting, writing, reading and following schedules, directions and maps.
Hours and Benefits: Part-time; Non-Exempt.
Deadline to apply:
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: Driver-Sevier, P.O. Box 1218,
Morristown, TN 37816, or email to email@example.com.