JOB TITLE: Cook Assistant/Floater
PROGRAM: Senior Nutrition
POSITION SUMMARY: The Cook Assistant will perform all duties and responsibilities necessary to
prepare and package meals for Senior Nutrition clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assists in cooking and preparing meals using standard recipes and in a manner that
retains nutritional value, looks appetizing and is appealing.
• Works with Cook to ensure proper packaging of hot and cold food for delivery.
• Uses standard kitchen equipment and some commercial equipment.
• Heat and serve congregate meals.
• May fill in as necessary as substitute delivery driver.
• Complete necessary paperwork, assist with client re-assessments.
• Maintains a clean work environment using proper methods of sanitary food preparation
and storage procedures, including careful washing of hands and wearing plastic gloves when serving
food. Meets all federal and state standards.
• Cleans, mops, sweeps kitchen area. Cleans and maintains coolers, freezers, and oven.
• Makes sure stove, oven, refrigerators, coolers, freezers and other large commercial
equipment is cleaned weekly, or more often as needed and the stock room is clean and orderly.
• Participates in food safety training on a regular basis.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Experience with meal preparation preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work with others.
• Ability to keep accurate, simple records.
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, loading coolers into vehicle, putting up stock
Hours and Benefits: Part-time; Non-Exempt.
Deadline to apply:
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: Cook Assistant/Floater, P.O. Box 1218,
Morristown, TN 37816, or email to email@example.com.