JOB TITLE: Maintenance Technician
PROGRAM: Affordable Housing
POSITION SUMMARY: Makes repairs and maintains properties for the Affordable Housing Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Performs maintenance duties such as minor plumbing, painting, electrical or carpentry
• Schedules and completes preventive maintenance program.
• Responds to after-hour emergency calls as needed.
• Change return air filters on regular basis and light bulbs as needed.
• Completes ground work such as grounds pick-up, sweeping and light landscaping.
• Maintains sidewalks as needed in all seasons.
• Prepares apartment for new tenant after previous tenant moves out. May involve painting,
cleaning and minor repairs.
• Minimum of high school diploma or GED preferred.
• Certification of maintenance or technical training required.
• Previous experience in light maintenance work such as plumbing, electrical, painting and
• Possess good general mechanical aptitude and prior experience in apartment maintenance.
• Must have and maintain a valid Tennessee driver’s license and proof of liability insurance on
• Ability to deal tactfully with staff and tenants, make good decisions and give careful
attention to work.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Basic use of computer preferred.
Hours and Benefits: Full-time; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: Maintenance Technician, P.O. Box
1218, Morristown, TN 37816 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.