JOB TITLE: Area Coordinator
POSITION SUMMARY: The role of the Area Coordinator is to supervise multiple programs within the
county or surrounding counties, oversee daily operation of the afterschool sites, plan, promote,
and provide various activities in an afterschool program environment that promote academic
excellence, physical activity, healthy eating, positive personal development, as well as engage and
support elementary aged children and their families in the community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Supervises multiple programs under multiple grant funds within the county/counties.
• Oversees daily operations at project sites.
• Plans activities, recruit volunteers, supervises and trains staff and volunteers.
• Acts as liaison between school and project.
• Works cooperatively with regular school staff and lead tutors to obtain information about
academic and behavioral needs and progress.
• Requisitions supplies and materials to support activities.
• Collaborates with schoolteachers to prepare customized learning programs.
• Assists program lead tutors in county in conducting program services and serve as fill-in staff
• Coordinates the school year and summer component requirements plan and activities with school
personnel, parents, and community groups.
• Collects data and continuously monitors progress/improvement.
• Completes, reviews and/or approves monthly reports and submits to Central Office in a timely
• Seeks accurate answers to difficult or complex questions and provides follow-up information in a
timely manner as needed.
• Works cooperatively with a wide variety of community service providers in a manner which
respects the capacity of all organizations.
• Minimum requirement: B.S., Education with Tennessee Teacher Certification is preferred.
• Minimum of two years’ teaching experience with children and adults, and/or
administrative/supervisory position related to the program’s goals and objectives.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability and experience in organizing and managing an educational/enrichment
• Commitment to assisting students and parents achieve their full potential.
• Ability to work effectively with children with physical, developmental or learning
• Should also have experience in designing/modifying existing educational curricula and materials
to meet unique learning needs of individuals.
• Ability to work effectively with principals, teachers, program staff, volunteers, parents and
• Computer literacy is a must. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel helpful.
• Must have valid Tennessee driver’s license and proof of liability insurance on
Hours and Benefits: Full-time; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: Area Coordinator, P.O. Box 1218, Morristown,
TN 37816, or email to email@example.com.
Cutoff to Apply: 10/31/2022