JOB TITLE: Tutor or Certified Tutor
LOCATION: Hamblen County
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides tutoring, enrichment activities and mentoring to students in
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Implement reading/language arts and math enrichment lesson plans/activities.
• Provide homework assistance.
• Implement Attendance Works strategies.
• Implement positive discipline strategies.
• Implement social/emotional skill building activities, such as service learning and
• Implement hands-on art projects provided by community art educators.
• Model appropriate positive behavior and attitudes toward learning, school, and in
working and communicating positively with others.
• Build positive family relationships.
• Provide daily positive feedback to students.
• Assess student progress.
• Assist Site Coordinator as needed.
• Provide continuous feedback of students’ success/weakness to Site Coordinator
throughout tutorial/parenting activities.
• Collect data for evaluation as required by Site Coordinator.
• Maintain current awareness in their field of expertise.
• Work cooperatively with a wide variety of community service providers in a manner
which respects the capacity of all organizations.
• Engage in professional development activities to increase knowledge base.
• Bachelor’s degree in education along with a State Teacher’s Certification required.
• A minimum of two years teaching experience preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Work cooperatively with a wide variety of community service providers in a manner which respects
the capacity of all organizations.
Hours and Benefits: Full-time; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: Tutor/Certified Tutor, P.O. Box 1218,
Morristown, TN 37816 or email to email@example.com.
Cutoff to Apply: 11/30/2021 @ 4:30