JOB TITLE: Delivery Driver
LOCATION: Sevier County
PROGRAM: Senior Nutrition
POSITION SUMMARY: The Lead Delivery Driver is responsible for delivering hot and frozen meals to active senior citizens at congregate sites and to homebound participants on assigned routes as well as making daily checks on participants’ condition and reporting any changes to the Site Supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Ensure meals are packaged correctly for delivery at congregate sites and to homebound participants.
• Drive own vehicle to pick up meals at designated site and load into vehicle.
• Drives to deliver meals to home bound elderly and congregate site participants as indicated on route sheets.
• Serve congregate participants who come to eat at the site, as needed.
• Ensures each participant receives the appropriate type and quantity of food and monitors the quality of the meal.
• Ensures reports and required paperwork for congregate sites are delivered to the Site Supervisor in a timely manner. Reports information about congregate sites to the Site Supervisor.
• Report participants that are not home to receive their meal to the site supervisor before 1:30 pm daily.
• Monitor well-being of participants (health, living conditions, services needed, etc.) and report status to site supervisor daily.
• Contact site supervisor immediately when emergency occurs.
• Cleans and sanitizes coolers and food equipment used in deliveries daily. Lifts and moves coolers and stock as needed.
• Assist in maintaining a clean and inviting environment at all congregate sites meeting ETHRA requirements. Reports to Site Supervisor.
• Distribute and collect materials to participants as required.
• Maintain necessary and accurate paperwork.
• Helps kitchen staff prepare and package meals if needed.
• High School diploma or GED preferred.
• No experience required.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate with older adults and those with special needs in a patient manner.
• Must be reliable and trustworthy.
• Must have the ability to manage time productively.
• Must demonstrate adaptability and willingness to be a team player.
• Skill in counting, writing, reading, and following schedules, directions and maps.
Hours and Benefits: Part-time; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: Lead Deliver Driver- Sevier, P.O. Box 1218, Morristown, TN 37816, or email to email@example.com.
Cutoff to Apply: 5/4/22