JOB TITLE: Cook
LOCATION: Monroe County
PROGRAM: Senior Nutrition
POSITION SUMMARY: Prepares and packages hot and frozen meals for delivery to Senior Nutrition Program clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Cook and prepare meals using standard recipes and in a manner that retains nutritional value, looks appetizing and is appealing.
• Assist with the training of staff and volunteers.
• Work with the Site Supervisor to ensure proper packaging of hot and cold food.
• Follow planned menu exactly unless authorization is given to make changes. Ensure the number of meals prepared does not exceed the number of meals recorded.
• Maintains a clean work environment using proper methods of sanitary food preparation and storage procedures, including careful washing of hands and wearing plastic gloves when serving food. Meets all federal and state standards.
• Uses standard kitchen equipment and commercial equipment.
• Ensures stove, oven, refrigerators, coolers, freezers and other large commercial equipment is cleaned weekly, or more often as needed.
• Clean and organize the stock room.
• Clean, sweep and mop kitchen, storage areas and coolers as needed.
• Follow proper dishwashing and cleaning methods as required by the State Health Department.
• Rotates stock as needed.
• Follows set standards for meal portions and packaging meals.
• Maintains a clean and neat appearance in the kitchen while following dress code as stated in the Douglas-Cherokee Employee Handbook.
• Substitutes for Site Supervisor and/or delivery drivers as needed.
• Follows all policies and procedures regarding the safe food handling, such as leftover food policy, employee health policy, and handwashing procedure.
• Participates in food safety training on a regular basis.
• Serves meals to congregate participants.
• High School diploma or GED preferred.
• Experience with meal preparation preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work with others
• Ability to follow directions and recipes to correctly prepare meals
• Ability to keep accurate records.
• Basic computer skills.
Hours and Benefits: Part-time; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: Cook, P.O. Box 1218, Morristown, TN 37816, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cutoff to Apply: 5/23/22