JOB TITLE: Site Coordinator
LOCATION: Union County
PROGRAM: Afterschool- 21ˢᵗ CCLC and LEAP
POSITION SUMMARY: The role of the Site Coordinator is to plan, promote and provide various
activities in an afterschool program environment that promote academic excellence, physical
activity, healthy eating, positive personal development, as well as engage and support elementary
aged children and their families in the community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for the overall on-site management of the after-school program and
compliance with sate and federal 21ˢᵗ CCLC/LEAP guidelines.
• Provides supervisions/management of daily activities.
• Supervise and train tutors and volunteers.
• Plans programming based on evaluation results.
• Prepares sites for program start-up each year.
• Plan and conduct activities with tutor assistance to ensure performance goals are
• Ensure that schools have participating students flagged in the Student Information
• Meet with school teachers/principals every six weeks to align the afterschool
reading/language arts and math curriculum with the schools’ curriculum by unit.
• Meet with the School Planning Team monthly to review progress and improve activities
to meet performance goals.
• Plan and implement/coordinate Family Engagement activities, including monthly Coffee
and Conversation events.
• With the Project Director, plan and implement outreach/recruitment, student/family
selection and enrollment, and student/family orientations.
• Ensure that emergency contacts and medical information are updated and on file.
• Ensure that children’s daily arrivals and departures are supervised and that the
transportation plan is implemented properly, including the names of adults approved to pick up each
• Maintain enrollment data and records.
• Maintain, correct and approve time worked records.
• Requisition supplies and materials to support activities.
• Report achievement and disciplinary data for each student to the schools’
• Resolve conflicts with students, parents, and staff members.
• Maintain current certification in first aid/CPR from a certifying organization
recognized by the Department of Education.
• Ensure that tutors are training in implementing the project’s written safety and
emergency procedures, first aid, and CPR.
• Minimum Requirement: B.S., Education with Tennessee Teacher Certification is
• At least 3 years’ experience implementing or supervising positive youth development
programs for children or youth.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Work cooperatively with a wide variety of community service providers in a manner
which respects the capacity of all organizations.
• Should have appropriate knowledge and sensitivity to low-income participants and in
outreach and recruitment of that group.
• Ability to work effectively with principals, teachers, program staff, volunteers,
parents and students.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer literacy is a must. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel helpful.
• Must be self-directed with the ability to work independently.
Hours and Benefits: Full-time; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: Union Site Coordinator, P.O. Box 1218,
Morristown, TN 37816 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cutoff to Apply: 10/29/21