JOB TITLE: Bilingual Community Services Coordinator
LOCATION: Hamblen County
POSITION SUMMARY: The role of the Bilingual Services Coordinator is to plan, promote and provide various services that promotes strong and differentiated supports for bilingual services clients and their families facing language limitations and barriers. This position focuses on increasing the services that we offer through the CSBG, LIHEAP, and LIHWAP programs to the Hispanic population in all 6 of our counties. The position will focus on breaking through the barriers that are presently limiting a very small percentage of clients to apply for any of our services overall. This position will be based in Hamblen county, but will float to all counties, as needed, to reach this vulnerable population and be good stewards of the funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for the overall bilingual services management of the CSBG, LIHWAP, and LIHEAP state and federal guidelines to reach this growing population for 6 county Neighborhood Service Centers.
• Change all necessary and required file applications and forms to Spanish reading documents.
• Be responsible for setting a schedule to travel to other counties as needed to meet with the Hispanic clients.
• Assist with planning and collaborating with the Community Services Program Director and Program Managers to provide services based on evaluation results while integrating bilingual support into all facets of the community services that we offer.
• Provide direct assistance to clients as needed.
• Assist with preparing brochures and outreach materials in Spanish as needed to provide outreach in each county. Plan and implement outreach ideas in each county that meets the individual community needs.
• Plan and implement activities with all program staff to ensure performance goals meet program bilingual needs to increase the percentage of Hispanic citizens.
• Meet with Program Managers, NSC Coordinators, and other stakeholders to align the bilingual needs of these clients and create ways to breakthrough the fear of these citizens being turned into immigration if they apply. Build trust amongst this population by attending and Hispanic events, church activities, or other events.
• Meet with supervisor to review progress and update/improve activities to meet performance goals in order to review progress and improve activities for bilingual services.
• Work well with all Neighborhood Service Center staff to learn and implement all services we offer and deliver.
• Minimum Requirement: High School Diploma. This candidate must possess fluent Spanish reading, writing, and speaking skills.
• At lease two years’ experience in a social service field.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Work cooperatively with a wide variety of community service providers in a manner which respects the capacity of all organizations.
• Should have appropriate knowledge and sensitivity to low-income participants and in outreach and recruitment of that group.
• Ability to work effectively with all six county NSC employees, and partners of DCEA.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer literacy is a must. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel helpful.
• Must be self-directed with the ability to work independently.
Hours and Benefits: Full-time; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: Bilingual Community Services Coordinator, P.O. Box 1218, Morristown, TN 37816, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cutoff to Apply: