JOB TITLE: Community Services Advocate
POSITION SUMMARY: Serves as a source of information and link between the low-income residents of
the area and the NSC and provides information on all available services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Prepares client applications, insures all documentation is correct according to guidelines
and procedures, records all client contact and information, keeps up-to-date client records as
required and assists with services as needed for LIHEAP grant program. Enters client data in
computer for the LIHEAP program.
• Assists the Hamblen County NSC Coordinator with all LIHEAP functions at the Hamblen NSC.
Works with LIHEAP staff to help maintain and service the four LIHEAP intake months and helps
maintain and service the four LIHEAP intake months and helps Hamblen NSC and LIHEAP Program
Director prepare for those intake months to insure all supplies are on hand.
• Assists the Assurance 16 Specialist through the LIHEAP program including but not limited to;
help research and order all Assurance 16 items to be provided to the clients for all 6 counties,
request each participating household’s energy printouts at the beginning and end of the period
examined, and work with all NSC Coordinators in providing the information needed to track the
effectiveness of the Assurance 16 items.
• Works with all clients in a professional manner.
• Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
• Assists with and helps prepare reports as needed for LIHEAP.
• Be available to assist LIHEAP Administrative staff in all LIHEAP duties as they may arise.
• High School diploma or GED, Associates preferred.
• One-year experience in customer service and detailed clerical work.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience in detailed record keeping.
• Ability to compile and maintain client records and handle confidential information.
• Ability to communicate well with low-income clients and the general public.
• Responsible and dependable.
• Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and data entry.
• Must have valid TN driver’s license and proof of insurance on vehicle.
Hours and Benefits: Full-time; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: Community Servic s Advocate, P.O.
Box 1218, Morristown, TN 37816 or email to email@example.com.