JOB TITLE: On-Site Apartment Manager
LOCATION: Bradley Co.
PROGRAM: Affordable Housing
POSITION SUMMARY: Oversees all aspects of apartment complex such as maintenance, assisting new
possible new tenants and current tenants, maintain required paperwork and collects rent.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Must live on-site in apartment provided.
• Maintains facility in a clean and safe condition, ensures that all repairs are
completed as needed, grounds are maintained, and facilities are secure.
• Completes and maintains appropriate paperwork and files on tenants, including rent
collections charts and purchasing accounts.
• Maintains confidentiality of tenant and complex records.
• Assists all who wish to apply for tenancy at a complex.
• Ensures that facility is in full compliance with all federal, state, and local
ordinances, regulations, and codes.
• Actively communicates with all tenants and provides a minimum amount of assistance
to make sure they are maintaining normal health habits.
• Coordinates transportation, resident activities, and social services as needed.
• Collects, records and deposits rent and security deposit money according to Agency
• Completes appropriate paperwork for residents’ move-ins, move-outs, and
• Prepares work orders for maintenance on a regular basis and in preparation for REAC
inspections or management reviews.
• Works with Central Office staff in marketing efforts and in submitting required
• Conducts apartment inspections twice each year to include plumbing inspection,
checks smoke alarms, refrigerator coils and ovens for overall cleanliness and workability.
• Walks through property each week to check for needed repairs.
• Associates degree preferred. High School diploma or GED required.
• One-year previous work experience with apartment management procedures and systems.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Computer literacy, including strong word processing, spreadsheet, and internet
• Ability to work with program software.
• Ability to deal tactfully with the public, tenants, and co-workers, and to exercise
good judgement in evaluating situations and making decisions.
Hours and Benefits: Full-time; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: On-Site Apartment Manager, P.O. Box 1218,
Morristown, TN 37816 or email to email@example.com.
Cutoff to Apply: