JOB TITLE: Site Coordinator
LOCATION: Hamblen Co.; Lincoln Height Elementary and West Elementary
POSITION SUMMARY: The role of the Site Coordinator is to plan, promote and provide various activities in an afterschool program environment that promote academic excellence, physical activity, healthy eating, positive personal development, as well as engage and support elementary aged children and their families in the community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for the overall on-site management of the after-school program and compliance with state and federal 21st CCLC/LEAP guidelines.
• Provides supervision/management for daily activities.
• Supervise and train tutors and volunteers.
• Plans programming based on evaluation results.
• Prepares sites for program start-up each year.
• Plan and conduct activities with tutor assistance to ensure performance goals are met.
• Ensure that schools have participating students flagged in the Student Information System.
• Meet with school teachers/principals every six weeks to align the afterschool reading/language arts and math curriculum with the schools’ curriculum by unit.
• Meet with the school planning team monthly to review progress and improve activities to meet performance goals.
• Plan and implement/coordinate Family Engagement activities, including monthly Coffee and Conversation events.
• With the Project Director, plan and implement outreach/recruitment, student/family selection and enrollment, and student/family orientations.
• Ensure that emergency contacts and medical information are updated and on file.
• Ensure that children’s daily arrivals and departures are supervised and that the transportation plan is implemented properly, including the names of adults approved to pick up each child.
• Maintain enrollment data and records.
• Bachelor’s degree in education along with a State Teacher’s Certification required.
• At lease 3 years of experience implementing or supervising positive youth development programs for children or youth.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Work cooperatively with a wide variety of community service providers in a manner which respects the capacity of all organizations.
• Should have appropriate knowledge and sensitivity to low-income participants and in outreach and recruitment of that group.
• Ability to work effectively with principals, teachers, program staff, volunteers, parents and students.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer literacy is a must. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel helpful.
• Must be self-directed with the ability to work independently.
Hours and Benefits: Full-time; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: Site Coordinator, P.O. Box 1218, Morristown, TN 37816 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cutoff to Apply: 11/30/2021 @ 4:30