JOB TITLE: Cook
PROGRAM: Senior Nutrition
POSITION SUMMARY: Prepares and packages hot and frozen meals for delivery to Senior Nutrition
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Cook and prepare meals using standard recipes and in a manner that retains nutritional value,
looks appetizing and is appealing.
• Assist with the training of staff and volunteers.
• Work with the Site Supervisor to ensure proper packaging of hot and cold food.
• Follow planned menu exactly unless authorization is given to make changes. Ensure the number
of meals prepared does not exceed the number of meals recorded.
• Maintains a clean work environment using proper methods using proper methods of sanitary food
preparation and storage procedures, including careful washing of hands and wearing plastic gloves
when serving food. Meets all federal and state standards.
• Uses standard kitchen equipment and commercial equipment.
• Ensures stove, oven, refrigerators, coolers freezers and other large commercial equipment is
cleaned weekly, or more often as needed.
• Clean and organize the stock room.
• Clean, sweep and mop kitchen, storage areas and coolers as needed.
• Follow proper dishwashing and cleaning methods as required by the State Health Department.
• High School diploma or GED preferred.
• Experience with meal preparation preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work with others.
• Ability to follow directions and recipes to correctly prepare meals.
• Ability to keep accurate records.
• Basic computer skills.
Hours and Benefits: Full-time; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: Cook, P.O. Box 1218, Morristown, TN
37816 or email to email@example.com.