JOB TITLE: Community Services Director
LOCATION: Central Office
PROGRAM: CSBG/LIHEAP/LIHWAP/Community Connect
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the DCEA, Inc. Executive Director the Community Services Director is to perform all duties and jobs related services necessary to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local rules and regulations, as well as, DCEA, Inc. policies and procedures for the community services programs that include CSBG Services Program, Community Connect Program, and LIHEAP/LIHWAP Energy Program. Oversee employees and is responsible for drafting and implementing agency processes, procedures and budget(s) for the programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Manages, supervises, plans, trains, monitors, and oversees the Community Services Programs, including the financial, organizational, programmatic, and personnel aspects of the programs.
• Oversee the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG), Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP), USDA Surplus Commodity Food, Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP), Community Connect, any supplemental funding, and local funding related to community services program budgets and ensures compliance.
• Oversee grant funding applications and program project operational plans.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local rules and regulations, as well as, DCEA, Inc. policies and procedures.
• Establishes program service goals and objectives, develops outcome measures and performance benchmarks.
• Identify, design, plan, and continuously improve the Community Services programs.
• Provide leadership in determining client needs in the communities served.
• Act as consultants to agency staff and other community programs regarding the
interpretation of the program- related federal, state, and county regulations and
• Works effectively with Agency administration, program managers, and support staff to
build a culture that will assist in effectively connecting the Agency’s programs to meet
the needs of clients in the communities served.
• Provide leadership in hiring, training, directed and evaluating personnel.
• Provide management of grant activities, monitors work plans to ensure timely delivery
of program services.
• Establishes and maintains effective collaborative partnerships with funding sources,
various councils, government agencies and community organizations in target areas and
promote community services programs.
• Writes, or participates in writing, supplemental and local grant applications.
• Develop and maintain polices and procedures manual that describes methods, forms
and processes used by community service programs and ensure these are followed and
programs are operating in compliance with appropriate standards, rules and
regulations. Update annually.
• Approve purchase orders, track expenditures and grant fund balance weekly.
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in human services, social work,
or related field.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in management, administration, supervision,
program management, budget management, employee development and/or
organizations planning, or related field.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess strong organizational skills, be detail oriented and a self-starter who is
able to work with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to make sound decisions and delegate appropriately.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to interpret regulations, contract/program requirements and disseminate
• Computer literacy, including good user knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet,
database and Internet applications software.
• Ability to interact positively and objectively with elected officials, businesses, clients, coworkers,
contractors, state and federal auditors, community representatives, and
members of the general public from widely diverse cultural and socioeconomic
backgrounds and with varying levels of interpersonal and communications skills.
• Must have valid Tennessee driver’s license and proof of liability insurance on vehicle.
Hours and Benefits: Full-time; Exempt.
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: Community Services Director, P.O. Box
1218, Morristown, TN 37816 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to Apply: June 11, 2021 @ 4:30