Date: November 17, 2021
Job Title: Community Services Advocate
Location: Hamblen County Neighborhood Service Center
Position Summary: Serves as a source of information and link between the low-income residents of the area and the DCEA Neighborhood Service Center. Provides information and referral on all available services.
Duties and Responsibilities / Essential Job Functions:
• Prepares client applications
• Ensures all documentation is correct according to guidelines and procedures, records all client contact and information, keeps up-to-date client records as required and assists clients with services as needed for all grant programs.
• Develops a working knowledge of all database functions and policies.
• Assists with and helps to maintain program reports.
• Assists with preparation and provision of USDA commodity food services.
• Maintains NSC office supply inventory.
• Maintains NSC food pantry/necessities closet inventory.
• Promotes various community programs and meetings of interest to low-income persons.
• Utilizes a roster of service agencies and organizations in respective county and is knowledgeable of the services provided. Works with all community groups, agencies, and individuals to accomplish the goals of the NSC.
• Develops a working knowledge of the different funding categories available for use in provision of services and ensures all guidelines and procedures are being followed for each.
• Receives regular guidance from the Case Management Specialist in provision of case management services.
Education / Experience Requirements:
• High School diploma or GED
• Experience working with low-income populations.
• Extensive knowledge of the resources and geography of the county severed is preferred.
Hours and Benefits: Full-time; 37.5 hours week; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: Tutor/Certified Tutor, P.O. Box 1218, Morristown, TN 37816 or email to email@example.com. Applications accepted until position is filled. EOE