JOB TITLE: Community Services Advocate
POSITION SUMMARY: Serves as a source of information and link between the low-income residents of
the area and the NSC and provides information on all available services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Prepares client applications, insures all documentation is correct according to guidelines
and procedures, records all client contact and information, keeps up-to-date client records as
required and assists with services as needed for LIHEAP grant program. Enters client data in
computer for the LIHEAP program.
• Assists Hamblen County NSC Coordinator with all LIHEAP functions at the Hamblen NSC. Works
with LIHEAP staff to help maintain and service the four LIHEAP intake months and helps Hamblen NSC
and LIHEAP Program Director prepare for those intake months to ensure all needed supplies are at
• Assists with the Assurance 16 program through the LIHEAP program including but not limited
to; help research and order all Assurance 16 items to be provided to the clients for all 6
counties, request each participating household’s energy printouts at the beginning and end of the
period examined, and work with all NSC Coordinators in providing the information needed to track
the effectiveness of the Assurance 16 items.
• Works with all clients in a professional manner.
• Maintains confidentiality of client and Agency information.
• Assist with and helps prepare reports as needed for LIHEAP.
• Be available to assist LIHEAP administrative staff in all LIHEAP duties as they may arise.
• High School diploma or GED required, Associates preferred.
• One year previous experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience in detailed record keeping
• Ability to compile and maintain client records and handle confidential information.
• Ability to communicate well with low-income clients and the general public.
• Responsible and dependable.
• Computer proficiency in word processing spreadsheet and data entry.
• Must have valid Tennessee driver’s license and proof of insurance on vehicle.
Hours and Benefits: Full-time; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send resume to: DCEA Human Resources, Attn: Community Servic s Advocate, P.O.
Box 1218, Morristown, TN 37816 or email to email@example.com.